Wednesday, November 28, 2007

New York Post Seeking Freelance Videographer

I'm posting this for my friends and readers in New York who might be interested, but I'm also posting this because I think more and more, freelancers will be asked to do these types of jobs. Last year, I was asked to record part of an event on a digital recorder so the publication could post it online. I went and bought the digital recorder, got one of my younger, and more hip journalist friends to give me instruction on how to download it. Turns out, my client decided only to use my digital photos. I still don't use my digital recorder that much and at this point, would probably need to find the manual again to refresh my memory. Have any of you been asked to use video or audio for an assignment?


Job Listing:
Description:A major online news organization is searching for a talented video journalist who can produce, shoot and edit video packages.
Applicants must have good story sensibility. Candidates must also have strong proficiency with Final Cut Pro, HD/DV video cameras, standard subject lighting and use of audio kits.
Video journalists will cover given assignments that include features, hard news, sports, business, entertainment and real-estate reports. Some assignments will require fast turnaround and availability at a whim’s notice. Candidate may also work as a team with print reporter to produce packages. Videographers will be responsible for shooting onsite interviews, b-roll footage and editing material into a story package. Occasional interviews and field producing will also be required. Some qualified video journalists will have the opportunity to write scripts and conduct Voiceovers. The video journalists will work closely with and report to the Online Video Editors throughout the duration of the project.
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit video reels or samples of their work. Shooting and editing skills are crucial. A minimum of 3-5 years of related television experience is a must. Ownership of HD/miniDV camera, editing equipment and on air experience is also a plus, but not required.
To apply for the freelance position, please email resume and links to clips to rneal@nypost.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home