Friday, October 13, 2006

And the Winner is...

First, with the help of some writers who did not participate in the contest, we chose a winner by the deadline. I just failed to post it! Congratulations Mary Rupert for your creative and thoughtful response to our scammer! Contact me and I'll make arrangements to get a book to you.

I've been so busy these past few weeks. I went along on a regional press tour of the Kansas City and surrounding areas. It was fantastic. I got so many story ideas. The moral of this post is to stop and look for ideas in your own backyard. Sometimes the best ideas are hiding right under our noses.

The writers group I facilitate at a local coffee shop is now going full steam (pun intended). They are a great bunch of writers and their creativity also inspires me. I wanted to post a short poem Steve Barbarick, a member of the class turned in last session:

To Kerri Fivecoat-Campbell
And your creative writing class
I woulda never done nuthin'
Had you not put your foot up my ass

Thank you, Steve. That's the best compliment students can give to me - not that I physically abuse you, but hopefully, our group keeps you motivated to write.

This weekend, I will be finalizing my plans for some online classes and my new one on one online mentoring program. I've had about a half dozen requests from people this year to do this and so I'm taking that as a sign from the universe that this should be my next challenge. Contact me at fivecoat@kcnet.com if you're interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home