Friday, August 17, 2007

How Time Flies When You're Having Fun

It seems I've only just planned my week when I get up and it is Friday already!
I used to think that time only went so fast here at the cabin because we were on vacation - and you know how time flies when you're on vacation.
However, since we moved here approximately two months ago, it hasn't slowed down - and it seems there is always something to distract me.
I think, "I'll take the dogs for their walk and come home and get right to work," and then I come home and see the flowers need water. Then I need to eat breakfast and answer emails, write the blog and then it's time for the dogs morning treat. At this point, I want to come in and spend some time on the writing forums.
By the time I sit down to actually work, it's almost time for my afternoon nap, uh, I mean, meditation.
Unfortunately, not being able to get myself on a routine has not went well for my business.
Back in the city, I had my cues, I knew if I wasn't working by the time the neighbor across the street got his lawn crew off, I was running late.
So, far, I haven't figured out how to make any of the wildlife here act as my timeclock.
So, I'll have to take some lessons from others by scheduling my day out. I usually am at my desk with a cup of coffee reading newspapers online, cruising job and writing boards and writing my blog between 5-7. I walk the dogs between 7-8 and I'll make sure to make time for watering flowers then too.


  • Sitting at my desk by 8 a.m.
  • I will check my emails and do all of my Internet surfing/research for writing by 9 a.m.
  • I'll set the alarm clock and write until noon, at which time I can "reward" my hard work by checking emails again and going to the forums.
  • I'll make all my calls between 12-1 and then take an hour lunch
  • Return to work at 2 and do research, finish calls until 4.

I'll let you know next Friday how this goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home