Thursday, October 11, 2007

Early to Rise

My husband has to be to work at 6, which means traveling dark mountain roads dodging deer and any other wild animal that decides to go for an early morning run.
This also means getting up by 4:15 so he has time to get fully awake and eat before he leaves.
Thursdays are trash days and in the country, that means hauling it to a designated spot. In our neck of the woods, that's the volunteer fire department.
Of course, this is at least 10 minutes in the other direction of his job.
"I don't want to be late for work at least in the first 10 years," my husband joked at the first of the week.
To be on the safe side, he left the house with the trash by 4:45 this morning.
At 5:30, he called to report he had made it to work already (so now we know he doesn't have to leave that early).
Now he is punching his timeclock and I'm heading back to bed for some more zzzzz's.
That's what I love about the freelance life today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marijke Vroomen-Durning said...

heh - I wake up early too but not because I have to. Because the IDIOT neighbour behind us lets her dogs out and lets them BARK until I get out of bed, go downstairs, open the back door and shout, "shut your dogs up!"

I love dogs. Just lost my precious greyhound in August. Had a golden retriever before that and many dogs as a child. Never were they allowed to bark like that and disturb the neighbours, particularly if the sun wasn't even up yet.

Oops, sorry about the rant. Not exactly what I had in mind when I pressed the comment button. :-P

10:55 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home