Wednesday, March 07, 2007

And yes, we do pay

HotelsByCity is looking for travel writers who living in and around the Memphis area. We are excited to launch our new blog section and need the best and most current travel information about the city you live in. And yes, we do pay. Sign up today to gain exposure to over 18 million travel visitors annually. For more information please visit: We are currently accepting bloggers in Memphis.
Compensation: Advertising Based, 75% of all advertising dollars are paid out to the Writer.

My first clue to this one was the "sign up today to gain exposure." Writer's aren't used car salesmen, HotelsByCity, we're professionals and should be paid based on our work, not what you generate in ads.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

It's the words "gain exposure" that tells all, huh? :)

I'm actually a blogger for them. I signed up before I realized the pay structure. I'm also dumping them as it wastes my time to write for nothing. At first it was fun, but now it's just a needless chore with no reward attached.

Run, Forrest, RUN!

7:43 PM CST  
Blogger Kerri Fivecoat-Campbell said...

Good for you, Lori!
And yes, the word "exposure" in any ad is a sign to me that the pay will not be what is promised or there is low to no pay.
Expect pay for your work and you shall receive!
Happy Writing!

7:12 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home