Wednesday, June 27, 2007

In Transition

Thanks for continuing to visit KC Writer Blog. Things have been pretty busy with this move and I just can't seem to get my head around anything but unpacking boxes. So far, the only casualty seems to have been my printer. I made the mistake of letting my husband take charge of packing my office equipment. Although I had some nice, sturdy electronics boxes, he assured me this huge Rubbermaid type box would be a good one - everything would fit and he would pack plenty of packing blankets around it. Well, everything didn't fit and my poor printer ended up in a box marked "dirty clothes." When it was handed to me from the moving truck, I didn't grab it by the bottom. What's the harm if the bottom drops out and a bunch of dirty clothes fall on the concrete floor of the garage, right? Just as I put my arms around it, my husband's friend said, "I know that says dirty clothes, but I think something else is in there. I just can't remember...." Crash!
"Oh, yeah, that was that gray and black thing, your printer, right?"
I just shut my eyes and came into the house. I had enough of the heat and of moving that day.
No one has yet to answer why my printer was placed in a flimsy box marked, "dirty clothes," but my husband has already accepted he will be buying me a new one!
One broken printer and one new family member - we picked up a dog we witnessed being dumped in KC the night before we moved. Although I found a rescue in Arkansas to take her, I grew attached to her and now Sadie calls the Ozark Mountains home too. She follows me everywhere.

Signing off until July 16, when I will return from our daughter's wedding in Germany with a few minor changes to KC blog to hopefully give you more information to make your freelance life more successful, as well as more harmonious with your home life. If you have any comments or suggestions for the blog, post them here or continuine to email me at fivecoat@ozarkmountains.com

In the meantime, please keep visiting, going through the archives - there's plenty of great stuff just waiting to be read again!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

That dog will become your best companion. :)) Have a great time in Germany!

10:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, Kerri, you have my sympathy. I'm a freelancer and I've had to move all my equipment a couple of times, too. It was a nightmare.

When you have a moment to breathe again, I'd love to have you visit my blog, http://www.debrastang.net/wp/.

It tells about my ups and downs as a freelancer and offers reading recommendations for writers and for people just looking for a fun read.

11:48 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home