Monday, December 11, 2006

Querying in December Leads to Good Start in January

Good advice from someone who's been there:

Last year I don't believe I queried in December and it took me until March to reach the income level I needed so I wouldn't have to withdraw from savings. So I plan on querying furiously in December and am hoping that the assignments I get will have January or later deadlines, but if not, I'll do my darndest and get those articles done. I seem to work better under pressure anyway.

-Heather Larson

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy@TheFlawlessWord said...

I think this is very sound advice. Nearly everyone slows down their work (including querying) in December, be it purposely or from a lack of time. Hence, revving up your querying in December not only puts you ahead of the game, it also means there is often less competition for the assignment(s). Every free moment I get this month, I'm taking advantage of by applying for job postings of interest.

9:25 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home