Wednesday, May 09, 2007

What I Love Most About the Writing Life: Seeing My Kids Grow up

From writer Jeff Wuorio, The author of eight finance and business books, including the upcoming Complete Idiot's Guide to Retirement Planning:

"I think the best thing about freelancing is that I've been able to watch my kids grow up. So many friends now regret the hours spent away at an office and the resulting loss of contact and involvement with their children. I think it's been freelancing's greatest blessing to me. When my son was about 4, we took him to a park where he hooked up with another little boy. As they were playingtogether, my son suddenly asked him: "Where's your dad?", to which the kid replied that he was at work. My son looked at him as if he had just sprouted antlers. The thought of a father working somewhere other than home was incredulous to him. That's one memory I know I'll never lose."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home