Friday, September 14, 2007

Take Advantage of Fall Festivals

Now that we're in the heart of the Ozarks, where my mother loved to come, especially in the fall because of all of the festivals, I can't wait to get to some of them.
It's not just because I like the funnel cakes and kettle corn either.
This weekend, we're attending the Arkansas Hillbilly Chili Cook-off. Apparently, each state has a chili cook-off and this is the one for Arkansas that will determine who goes onto the national chili cook-off.
A friend of mine from New York laughed when I told her. "And to think I already made plans this weekend."
I even told my husband, "It sounds a little scary when you think about it," referring to the term 'hillbilly' conjures up images of more than beef going into those pots.
But as I said, I'm not going just for the food. I'll be armed with my notepad and camera because I guarantee you, I'll walk away from the cook-off with more than a stomach ache from too much fair food, I'll have at least one good story idea.
Where are you going this weekend?
Remember, every outing is a possible story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home